Welcome to Swanscombe Health Centre, Bean Village Surgery and Greenhithe Surgery
At the Swanscombe and Bean Partnership the doctors and nurses take pride in offering the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare. We run many clinics for chronic disease care and offer a wide variety of other medical services such as antenatal and postnatal care, minor surgery, childhood vaccinations, anticoagulation clinic and well-person check-ups.
Our phone lines are open from 8:00am and we open our doors from 9:00am each morning, Monday to Friday. Please note that all calls are recorded for quality and training purposes.
Find us on Facebook
We now have social media status, click here to find us and remember to click the LIKE button!
We have changed the system for ordering repeat prescriptions, for more information click here
If you want to use our online services (for example, to book appointments and order repeat prescriptions) you will need to register first: you can do that by clicking here and apply for your registration codes.
General Practitioner Registrar and Students
Our practice is a training/teaching practice. Our GP registrars are fully qualified and have a great deal of hospital experience. GP registrars are usually attached to our practice for 12 months. They are at all times encouraged to seek advice when required from the practice partners. The practice also has Foundation Year (FY2) doctors attached for 4-month periods, who are supervised in the same way as registrars.
We are also fortunate to have medical students attached to our practice for short periods. If you do not wish to have the student present during your consultation please inform the reception staff prior to seeing the doctor.
When booking an appointment you may be offered an appointment with one of our GP registrars/FY doctors.
- We would like to wish all of our patients a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year from all the staff at the Swanscombe & Bean Partnership.
We will be closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day. The days in between will be book on the day appointments only. Please call 111 if you need medical advice when we are closed or 999 in the case of a medical emergency.
- We are currently undergoing some works, to build an extension to the Swanscombe site. These are essential works to provide more clinical space, which will enable us to see more patients. This work should not impact the clinics.
Primary Care Networks
You may be aware there have been changes to the way General Practice is funded by NHS England. We are being encouraged to work with other local surgeries to form Primary Care Networks to provide integrated health and social care to our local population.We are delighted to be part of a newly formed Primary Care Network with Swanscombe Health Centre, Downs Way Medical Practice and Pilgrims Way Surgery.Together we make up the ‘Garden City Primary Care Network'. Our aim, by working collaboratively, is to allow the member practices opportunities to develop new services, improve efficiency and ultimately, improve the care provided to our patients. We will develop new ways of working using innovative approaches to health care delivery as well as working with local organisations to enhance the wellbeing of our patients.Over the next 5 years we will receive new investment in General Practice. The majority of this funding will be to enable us to hire additional staffing groups to join our practice teams. These staff groups are practice pharmacists, social prescribers, physiotherapists, physician assistants and paramedics. Their purpose will be to provide additional clinical capacity, free up GP time for patients who need more input, and broaden the skill mix in our teams. Thus, improving the sustainability of General Practice.If you would like more information or would like to be involved, please contact the practice manager or patient participation group.
We are now offering early morning clinics at our branch surgeries from 7.00am on selected days. Please speak to a receptionist for more details.
- ONLINE SERVICES - Our new system is now set up. Those patients registered with the previous system, will receive a letter in the post, explaining how to register with the new system. If you have not previously registered, please visit our reception desk with some ID. This will give you access to the online booking system, repeat ordering of prescriptions and some medical information.
- We will be closing at 1.30pm on Tuesday 11th February 2020 for essential training time which is a requirement from NHS England. We apologise for any inconvenience the closure may cause.
- We are supporting the Prescriptions Ordering Direct team, to provide a service where patients can order their repeat medications via a telephone service. Please call 0300 131 1100. You will no longer be able to order repeat medications through your pharmacy.
- All patients, including children, have an allocated ‘named’ GP. If you wish to know who you are allocated to please contact reception who will be happy to help.
- Have we got your up to date contact details? Click here for more information
(Site updated 03/01/2020)