Your practice has been rated as GOOD by the CQC
After an inspection from the CQC Swanscombe Health Centre late last year we are pleased to announce that the practice has been rated as an overall GOOD.
The areas that the CQC commended Swanscombe Health Centre on were:
- Staff understood and fulfilled their responsibilities to raise concerns, and to report incidents and near misses. Information about safety was recorded, monitored, reviewed and addressed.
- Risks to patients were assessed and well managed.
- Patient’s needs were assessed and care was planned and delivered in line with current legislations.
- Staff had received training appropriate to their roles.
- Patients said that they were treated with compassion, dignity and respect and they were involved in decisions about their care and treatment. Information to help patients understand the services available was easy to understand. Staff treated patients with kindness, respect and maintained confidentiality.
- Patients said that they experienced few difficulties when making appointments and urgent appointments were available the same day.
- There was a leadership structure and staff felt supported by management. The practice took into account the views of patients and those close to them as well as engaging with staff when planning and delivering services.
There were some areas that we need to work on and an action plan has been put in place to address these issues.
I would like to personally thank you all for the comments that were made and posted in the CQC box on our reception areas.
We strive to make your experience at Swanscombe Health Centre as comfortable as possible, but if we can do anything better please put a comment in the box in the waiting rooms at all three sites or ask to speak to me.
Swanscombe and Bean Practice
You can read the whole report - CLICK HERE